- Make sure you buy the real kefir grains and kefir or dried kefir grains not a powdery. Fresh active grains are the authentic way to make kefir and one can indefinitely kefir. Milk kefir made with fresh kefir grains contains more probiotics than any dairy product.
- It is always better to have the living kefir grains then buy the dried kefir grains. Dried kefir grains have to restore and it takes quite a long time before the production of kefir entrance. It will also take a long time before the kefir grains grow, it can sometimes take weeks to grow back the kefir grains. Dried kefir grains is ideal as backup.
- Make sure you get at least 1 tablespoon of kefir grains will get to start. If you only have a teaspoon will get longer before you can make a large portion of kefir. Now, if you have good quality of kefir grains, will it grow fast.
- Be wary of cheap kefir grains. The daily refresh of kefir grains costs money. People who are less concerned with kefir, kefir grains in the refrigerator, keep their in the refrigerator the kefir grains quickly lose their quality.. If in doubt ask the seller or the kefir grains are stored in a refrigerator.
- If you ordered your kefir grains, ask best how quickly they can be sent and whether they long under way. Many people who sell kefir have waiting lists of several weeks.